1. What do you do with my organisations and employees data?
We use the data to provide you, your employees and other customers, great services. That includes doing things like:
- Improving our products and services for you to ensure everyone gets the best experience, performing market research to understand our customers views and personalising our experiences to make our service more intuitive & engaging;
- Providing you with the products and services you have selected, keeping you up-to-date and informed and responding to your enquiries, IT security news and information we think you will be interested in;
- Legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting with crime and fraud prevention, assessing credit risk when provisioning services and ensuring we provide the products and services you have selected.
We may use information about you to:
Improve our products and services
- Enhance and personalise the products and services that we offer you and to develop new products and services;
- Perform analysis and research and monitor usage behaviour;
- Manage our services and your use of our partner’s facilities;
- Aggregate information about you, your organisations, your employees use of the services with information about other users of the services in order to identify trends;
- Analyse information about you including your calling, searching, browsing and location data on a personalised or aggregated basis.
Provide you with services and information
- Provide you with the products and services you have selected and to manage your account with us;
- Provide you with access support portals and other Rockfords Commercial related websites;
- Contact you if necessary;
- Tell you about any new services
- Market our products and services to you;
- Send you information about our products and services by email or other means if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications;
- Send you information about products and services offered by other companies that we think you might be interested in if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications.
Satisfy our legal, regulatory and business requirements
- Help us keep your organisations or employees data safe, eg: checking your identity;
- Investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you raise;
- Assess credit risk, assess the provision of services, debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention.
We may also disclose personal information or information about your usage of our services to certain third parties. This data may identify you personally or may be included in aggregated and anonymised data (which means you will not be identified). These third parties may use this information:
- To provide you with targeted Rockfords Commercial or third party offers, promotions, adverts or commercial communications if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications;
- To give them a better understanding of our business; and/or;
- To provide you with products and services or to improve the products or services you are already receiving.
We are allowed to use your information in these ways because:
- We need it to provide you with products and services and to manage your account with us;
- We need to use some of your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- We have a legitimate business interest in some uses of your information (such as conducting market research); and/or;
- You may have given your consent to us to use your data for certain activities, eg: marketing communications.
2. How long will you keep my data?
We keep information while you’re our customer and after you’ve left us.
We use your information to provide you with the products and services you have selected and for a variety of other reasons.
For example, we might need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had an account with us or follow our legal obligations. Or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
3. Who do you share my personal data with and why?
We will share your information in the following situations:
- With partners, suppliers, agents, employees and subcontractors who help us deliver the products and services you’ve chosen to use;
- When you have provided your consent;
- When we have legal or regulatory requirements such as a request from the competition authority, law enforcement agency or a credit reference agency.
4. What data do you hold about me? (and how do you get it?)
We collect information in three ways:
- Directly from you or employees, such as information filled in within application or registration forms, surveys and emails;
- From the products and services you use;
- Directly from you when communicating with us by email, SMS, Whatsapp and other electronic and non-electronic methods;
- From 3rd parties, such as information from credit reference agencies and fraud protection agencies.
We collect such information as:
- Your contact information including name, address, email address and telephone number;
- Your order history including hardware, software and licences;
- Your payment details including debit or credit card details, banking details and any other means used by yourself;
- General organisation or specific user account settings including usernames and passwords to access 3rd party systems;
- Usernames and passwords for access to portals;
- Licensing information, serial numbers and activation keys;
- Your communications with us including requests and complaints;
- Your activity/interactions on our website;
- Your device location data and Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Your use of our services including but not limited to;
- Phone numbers and/or email addresses of calls, texts, MMS, emails and other communications made and received from you and the date, duration, time and cost of such communications;
- Credit report information if you have requested new services or a credit account;
How we collect information:
We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to when you:
- Purchase products or services from us;
- Register to become a Rockfords Commercial customer;
- Submit enquiries or comments to us or contact us;
- Join any of our schemes including our Partner scheme;
- Use any Rockfords Commercial provided (directly or via 3rd party,) products and services
- Take part in market research; and/or;
- When you make changes to or terminate your account with us.
We collect information about you indirectly:
- When you use any Rockfords Commercial product and service, including but not limited to when you visit or browse this site;
- From third parties including but not limited to those who provide our financial services, take payments and manage product orders and dispatch;
- We may also collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to: credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources;
- Our website may a website recording service which records mouse clicks, mouse movements and page scrolling. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and anonymised and then used for aggregated and statistical reporting. You will not be personally identified;
5. What rights do I have?
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice);
- To update your personal data, you will need to contact us;
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us);
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- To review some automated decision-making or profiling (automated processing to determine certain things about you);
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To exercise any of your rights, you will need to contact us. You will need to provide the following information so that we can verify your identity:
- a colour copy of your passport driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill;
- If related to an organisation, the request will be required on company letter head.
Rockfords Commercial are required to respond to your request within 1 month. Where requests are complex and excessive, Rockfords Commercial is permitted an additional 2 months to process your request. However, in these circumstances we would provide an update on your request within 1 month of receiving it.
When requesting a copy of your personal data, you can also do this via post.
Rockfords Commercial reserve the right to charge an admin fee or refuse a request where requests for data are clearly unreasonable or excessive, particularly if they are repetitive.
6. How do I change my marketing preferences?
You can opt in and out of marketing communications at any time by email firstname.lastname@example.org You will be able to choose to receive marketing communications about the products and services you have chosen, all marketing communications from Rockfords Commercial or options from selected partners.
You can also opt out of marketing communications by following unsubscribe links at the bottom of any marketing emails or text messages received from Rockfords Commercial
We will never give your personal data to a third party for marketing unless you have expressly given us your permission.
7. How do you ensure my data is secure?
Rockfords Commercial is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Security of Communications
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and webmail, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. Rockfords Commercial cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Co-Branded Micro Sites and Third-Party Sites
Some web pages and Micro Websites included within Rockfords Commercial websites may be co-branded with third party names, logos, or properties. These Micro Websites are operated or maintained by or on behalf of Rockfords Commercial. While such third parties are sponsors of these web pages or Micro Websites, the third parties do not share in any personally identifiable information collected within those web pages or Micro Websites unless otherwise stated.
Non-EEA Use of Information
The information you provide to us may be passed to third parties located outside the European Economic Area. Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy. This can be done in a number of different ways, for instance:
- The country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission;
- The recipient company might have signed up to a contract obliging them to protect your information; or;
- The recipient is located in the US and is a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your information outside the EEA. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with data protection law.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your information when it is transferred outside the EEA (including a sample copy of the contract used with some recipients of your information) by contacting us.
8. What else can I do to ensure my data is secure?
Along with a section on Privacy, Get Safe Online has plenty of other good advice about protecting yourself online
9. How can I contact you?
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by writing to the Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Rockfords Commercial Contractors
Suite 203 Colnbrook Cargo Centre
Old Bath Road
10. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will check this policy from time to time and post any changes here.
We may also let you know about these changes by email, voicemail, text or media message.
11. Resolving Privacy Issues
We will always try our best to resolve any data privacy issue you may have. You have the right to refer any data privacy issue to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time.